We see patients on a daily basis who report feeling tired, anxious, unable to sleep, no energy, and lack of libido. When this happens we automatically want to look at your hormones. We do detailed labs and we usually find your hormones are JACKED UP!!! WHY does this happen and how can I prevent it?
One of the main reasons for JACKED UP Hormones is the presence of toxins in our environment. In many household cleansers and solvents, we find endocrine disrupters. These are substances that interfere with the production, action and elimination of the natural hormones in the body. These hormones are responsible for our overall homeostasis and well-being. In addition to these toxins, chronic stress is also a hormone disruptor that accelerates the aging process. I think we all can attest to the fact that these two factors are certainly happening in our own home.
Here are some tips to help
- Eliminate all processed foods and focus on organic foods.
- Detoxify everyday! Our Lifestyle coach can help you with this in one visit!
- Try to eat more plant-based foods.
- Fried foods are particularly bad – they’re cooked at very high temperatures. You can have fried foods once a week, but don’t have them every day.
- Eliminate toxic cleaners and focus on natural products in all aspects of your home. I find Target has a good selection in Texarkana.
So I hope this was helpful in helping you understand how hormone imbalance happens. When it does happen, let us help. We routinely balance hormones with Bio-Identical Hormone Replacement Therapy and people feel energized and focused! Not a bad way to age….
Click on the attached forms to determine if you could benefit from BHRT. The FEMALE and MALE forms are below.